Tuesday 14 August 2012

Lashes 5



Now for a two-step mascara. I've noticed, on the web, that some people just aren't fans of the two-step mascara. I think this is partly because they feel it takes longer to apply and that annoys them. I've found that this type of mascara really can help to get that extra millimetre or two of length out of your lashes and that second step doesn't bother me. It's just another couple of seconds. I own a couple of this type of mascara which I'll be looking at here over the next couple of posts.

Today, a mascara that was an old favourite of mine -
Maybelline's XXL PRO Extensions. I think it is pretty good for a mascara that you can buy at a supermarket. It looks a little clumpy in the photos here... maybe it is... or maybe I'm not so good at applying the mascara? I don't usually find that it is too clumpy myself. Step 1 is a white 'primer', for want of a better word. Some two-step mascaras have small fibres to brush on to the lashes (e.g. Model Co. Fibre Lash which I will show soon) but this is just a white coat. Brush this coat on and then go back over it with the black coat. The white primer clings to the thin, light tips of the lashes that you normally can't see giving the black coat something extra to hang on to. It's not magic, just logic I suppose.


Maybelline XXL Pro Extensions mascara before and after.
Maybelline XXL Pro Extensions mascara.

Now, I have put together a 'table' of the five mascaras compared so far. (It's a little odd seeing thirteen pictures of your own eyes staring out at you from the computer screen!) My lighting and camera angles are a little inconsistent but I think you can get the idea.


Looking at them all together like this is making me think differently about which ones I like best now.

I think my score chart goes something like this now -

First Place - Maybelline One by One Volum' Express Satin Black
Second Place - Benefit They're Real!
Third Place - Revlon Grow Luscious by Fabulash because it actually looks quite nice in the pictures.
Fourth Place - Maybelline's XXL PRO Extensions.
Fifth Place - Maybelline's The Falsies Volum' Express

- but that could change on a day-to-day basis.



No comments:

Post a Comment