Thursday 9 August 2012

Girl Crush: Jennifer Lawrence

I'm a big fan of the Hunger Games novels, and I thought that the movie adaptation was seriously good. The casting was spot on, and Jennifer Lawrence did an amazing job of bringing Katniss Everdeen to life. Also, the casting of Lenny Kravitz as Cinna was kind of gold. I was horrified when I started reading comments on the internet about how Jennifer didn't look "hungry enough" to play Katniss. It surprises me that I am still surprised that people think it is their right to comment on and criticise women's bodies simply because they are in the public eye. Frankly I think she's gorgeous, and I love that although she glams up like nobody's business, you'll find just as many pictures of her wearing jeans and flats floating around the internet.

I also highly recommend you check out Winter's Bone. Not the happiest movie you'll ever see by a long shot - I think words like "gritty" and "hard hitting" were used when the film was being reviewed and promoted - but her Oscar nomination was well-deserved.



Jennifer Lawrence


No comments:

Post a Comment